The End of the Nikken Sect as We Know It?
Top 10 Reasons: The End of the Sect as We Know It?
- The "Kawabe" Memo
- Destruciton of the Grand Main Temple
- Destruciton of the Grand Reception Hall
- Nikko Shonin's Japanese Cedar Up-Rooted
- Nikken's Visit to the Zen Temple Cemetery
- "No" from the world
- Seattle Incident
- Careless Management fo the Deceased Ashes
- Plans to make Taiseki-ji a Tourist Spot
- Affairs of the NIkken sect Priests and Believers
- Easter Sunday Experience
- Greg Martin shared this experience in the question and answer period after his lecture at the Soka Spirit FNCC. In it he shows how we can lead people to Buddhism from where they are, without being confrontational. In this case, on a Christian radio program, he used the example of Jesus's life to illustrate some key points about how to live life.
- Wrestling with the Third Powerful Enemy
- Unofficial Notes
Letters and Interviews
Letters and Interviews from Former Priests
- Seven Priests Leave Head Temple
- On February 3, 1992, seven priests left the Nichiren Shoshu Head Temple Taiseki-ji.
- Former Los Angeles Priest Speaks Out
- An interview with chief priest Gun'ei Kudo.
- Letter of Disassociation
- 'The Association of Youthful Priests Dedicated to the Reformation of Nichiren Shoshu' letter to Nikken Abe.
- A Young Priest Cries Out For Reform
- Rev. Yumo Matsuoka's 'Letter of Separation' to High Priest Nikken.
- Demand for the Priesthood's Immediate Apology for Its Support of War
- The following is a translation of a letter by The Association of Youthful Priests Dedicated to the Reformation
- Long-Time Priest Risks All To Support Kosen-rufu
- Jisai Watanabe, a member of the 'Association for the Reformation of Nichiren Shoshu.
- Reformist Priest's Spirit To Protect the People
- Chief Priest Yugu Narita, a member of the 'Association for the Reformation of Nichiren Shoshu,' interview.
Issues Concerning the Nichikan Gohonzon
Reaffirming Our Right to Happiness On the Gohonzon Transcribed by High Priest Nichikan
Temple Issue General Information
Temple Issue General Information
- An Overview of the Priesthood Issue.
- This article introduces the basic issues concerning the Soka Gakkai's excommunication from a historical perspective.
- Chronology of the Temple Issue.
- This article is a brief list of dates and events of the major temple issues. This chronology was a sidebar to the above article.
- The Truth About Nichiren Shoshu's Campaign To Destroy The SGI.
- A pamphlet written by Jim Cern, am SGI-USA member in Nebraska.
- On the Transmission of the Heritage of the Law --from a historical perspective--
- A look at the history of the transmission of the office of high priest in Nichiren Shoshu.
Richard Yoshimachi’s Lecture
- Temple Issue - An Historical Perspective.
- The Nichiren Shoshu sees Kosen-rufu as a specific time in the future when everyone starts chanting, the Emperor visits the Head Temple, opens a secret gate and then Kosen-rufu is here. For the SGI kosen-rufu is not a specific time.
Doctrinal Deviations of the Nikken Sect
- Doctrinal Deviations of the Nikken Sect
- Refuting High Priest Nikken's Views on the Transmission of the Heritage of the Law
- A Perspective on the Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life
- By Soka Gakkai Vice President Yasuo Morita published in the December 1993 issue of Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkaiís study journal.
- Cherish Those Who Work for Kosen-rufu.
- Keyed in by SGI-USA Member Michael Howell.
- Rule By Person or Rule By Law? A short article on the history of authority and religion.
- (Living Buddhism, July 1997, p. 18-20)